We helped develop an application to fund an interdisciplinary center focusing on research in antibiotic resistance at University of Gothenburg.
Joakim Larsson requested us to help develop an application for funding for a center on antibiotic resistance. This was prompted by a call by the University of Gothenburg for ambitious applications to create interdisciplinary research centers that could tackle major global societal challenges – the university had allocated 300 MSEK for this UGOT Challenges project.
Joakim was writing this highly interdisciplinary research proposal with colleagues from six different faculties at the University of Gothenburg. The faculties included:
- Sahlgrenska Academy
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Business, Economics and Law
- Faculty of Arts (and Humanities)
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Education
What we did
We provided editorial support from concept to submission-ready proposal. Specifically, we:
- Provided detailed editorial feedback and guidance on the initial drafts of the application.
- Performed substantive editing to ensure that the proposal was clear, complete and coherent, and that the novelty, feasibility, significance and impact of the proposed research was clear.
The proposed research programme to launch the new center CARe – Center for Antibiotic Resistance – was funded as one of only six centers funded by University of Gothenburg, in a competition with almost 100 applications.