Here we advertise our internal and external team positions. See below for the latest job openings.
Inviting freelance editors
Are you an excellent science communicator? Do you combine a solid scientific and editorial track record with a passion for helping scientists make an impact with their research? Then get in touch with us: we are expanding our external team to help us meet a growing demand for our high-end editorial services.
We are looking particularly for exceptionally skilled science editors in the field of physics, with expertise in (but not restricted to):
- Theoretical and applied
The ideal candidates would have:
- A doctoral degree in a relevant field and a broad grounding in science
- A good grasp of the scientific process
- The ability to grasp complex concepts and weave those into coherent narratives
- Good command over the English language
- The capacity to be attentive to details while not losing sight of the bigger picture
- Formal registration as a sole trader
In addition to the above, any of the following would be a distinct plus:
- Editorial or consulting experience, either as a freelancer or with a journal or institute
- The ability to gauge the novelty and significance of research findings
- A good grasp of statistical methods
- The ability to convey feedback clearly but politely via comments and concise reports
- Experience with applying for or editing grant applications (e.g., European Research Council, Horizon 2020, Swedish Research Council, US National Science Foundation, etc)
If you fit the bill, please get in touch by emailing our Managing Editor at email@example.com. Please include: 1) A brief CV (listing relevant editorial and science-communication experience) and 2) A paragraph motivating your interest in, and suitability for, being part of our external team. We look forward to hearing from you!