Here we advertise our internal and external team positions. See below for the latest job openings.
Inviting freelance physics editors
Do you combine a solid background in physics with a strong editorial track record? Are you passionate about helping scientists make an impact with their research? Then get in touch with us: we are expanding our external team to help us meet a growing demand for our high-end editorial-support services.
We are looking for exceptionally skilled physics editors with expertise in (but not restricted to) condensed-matter physics, atomic and molecular physics, optical physics, and theoretical and applied physics.
- Doctoral degree in physics
- Editorial or consulting experience, either as a freelancer or with a journal or institute
- Ability to gauge the novelty and significance of research findings
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and weave those into coherent narratives
- Good command over the English language
- Capacity to be attentive to details while not losing sight of the bigger picture
- Formal registration as a sole trader
- Good grasp of the scientific process, from funding through research to peer review and publishing
- Ability to convey feedback clearly but politely via comments and concise reports
- Experience of applying for, or editing, grant applications
If you think you fit the bill, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) A CV that lists the relevant editorial and scientific experience, and 2) A brief cover letter motivating your interest in, and suitability for, being part of our external team. We look forward to hearing from you!